CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

The Gift of You

I didn't give you the gift of life, but in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real, as if it had been so.
For us to have each other is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you the gift of life, life gave me the gift of you.

Author - unknown

About Us

About Us
Hello! We are Bob and Trish Akers from Indiana. We are in the process of adopting a daughter, Emmaline Catherine, from China. We have a log in date of December 8, 2005, and are hoping to get our "referral" in November 2007. It's been a long journey, but we are so excited to be this close! ****************************************************************** Update: We have obviously adopted our daughter, so this is now the Akers Family website. We will periodically be posting pictures of our family and newest adventures.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Today is the Day!!





It is now 1:10 am Beijing time and we are up again.....can't seem to get our bodies on track. We're getting all our bags packed and ready for the flight out...only about 15 more hours until we get Emmaline. After I posted last night, we had a visit from our friend Ma Yi Yi ("Julie"), who we met last summer in Indianapolis. She lives in Beijing and took us out to dinner to one of the local favorite restaurants. We totally trusted her and allowed her to order for us. We were a little nervous at first, but what a treat. Everything was absolutely delicious. It may have been the best meal we've ever had.

I realize this will probably be the last post anyone reads of our journey through China as the next and subsequent posts will have baby pictures. So, I'll sign off and say we miss everyone and we can't wait to see you with Emmaline.

2 comments:

Angel said...

Thanks for posting the picture of Julie. I know you told her how much we miss her.

It's Monday around 2:33 pm and I know that when we wake up tomorrow, you will have held your little girl for the first time and once again I'm in awe of God's great love for his children. Each time I'm truly touched how he has matched you and your entire family with your daughter all the way across the world. As you know we have been blessed with being apart of so many adoptions and each time I'm reminded just how big our God is and how much he loves each one of us. Thank you again for sharing your journey.

Have a wonderful and blessed day tomorrow with your BG!!!!

Angel

Unknown said...

Hi Guys!
We are so excited for you!! Your blog is great and really captures your experience. Wow, what food memories. Have you had any chicken in a blender yet? Ha! Zoe and I just watched your video and I about started crying - that is so awesome! Zoe also said that Emmaline is a very cute baby; she made sure to remind me that she was from China too :)
We are waiting on pins and needles to see her in person.

Get ready for one of the greatest days of your life ...
Love, Carol Joel and Zoe