CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

The Gift of You

I didn't give you the gift of life, but in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real, as if it had been so.
For us to have each other is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you the gift of life, life gave me the gift of you.

Author - unknown

About Us

About Us
Hello! We are Bob and Trish Akers from Indiana. We are in the process of adopting a daughter, Emmaline Catherine, from China. We have a log in date of December 8, 2005, and are hoping to get our "referral" in November 2007. It's been a long journey, but we are so excited to be this close! ****************************************************************** Update: We have obviously adopted our daughter, so this is now the Akers Family website. We will periodically be posting pictures of our family and newest adventures.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Fish Head or Blubber??



Last night's meal was experience to say the least! There were about 12 different dishes that included shark fin as the main ingredient. We ended up getting something called a "hot pot" which is sort of a Chinese fondue. It's basically a hot pot of water and there is a buffet where you pick various items to toss in the pot (cow intestine, blood jelly, beef bone marrow, various fish balls). I dug in (yes, I tried the bone marrow), but Trish was a little green throughout the evening. She had Diet Coke for dinner!

Today, we are heading to the Forbidden City and I'm sure we'll have some great pictures to post. We're scheduled to attend an acrobatic show as well. We'll post again later with some pictures of the days events!

Bob

1 comment:

The Hallgrens said...

Hi,

I thought I send you a big hug from Wuhan in the Hube province. We are here to get our daughter. I hope you are enjoying Beijing. We will be there from 21.-28th of December. We will get our daugther tomorrow afternoon.

I wish you a lovely stay in Beijing.

Best regards
Beate (julenisse from RQ)