CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

The Gift of You

I didn't give you the gift of life, but in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real, as if it had been so.
For us to have each other is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you the gift of life, life gave me the gift of you.

Author - unknown

About Us

About Us
Hello! We are Bob and Trish Akers from Indiana. We are in the process of adopting a daughter, Emmaline Catherine, from China. We have a log in date of December 8, 2005, and are hoping to get our "referral" in November 2007. It's been a long journey, but we are so excited to be this close! ****************************************************************** Update: We have obviously adopted our daughter, so this is now the Akers Family website. We will periodically be posting pictures of our family and newest adventures.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday Jackson!!!!!




We woke Jackson up singing to him this morning and he was so excited and said, "Mama, am I 4 today?" When I told him he really is 4 today, he was SO excited! We are going to spend the day at the Children's Museum and then have a small dinner out tonight to celebrate. The big double birthday party for the kids will be Saturday.

Thank you dear Lord for this precious little boy! He is such a wonderful, kind, and caring little person and we are truly blessed! When I think of how his personality has developed in these 4 short years, I cannot believe who he has become. He loves to laugh and tell jokes like his Daddy! He is so smart, and loves to talk and ask question after question. He is also so observant! He remembers everything too and there are many times he reminds me of what was said months before! He is a sensitive child who loves his family. He adores his big brother Jacob and loves his counsin Michael so much too! Spending time with the "Big Boys" is his favorite thing to do. He is a terrific big brother to Emmaline and has truly amazed Bob and I during the transition period in welcoming Emmaline home! Jackson has the most keen sense of smell and is the first to tell me when we need to change Emmaline :-) He loves Jesus and reminds Bob and I constantly how lucky we are to be children of God. Four years ago today, at 8:01 p.m. we met our precious little boy and I cannot wait to see what God's plan is for this beautiful boy throughout the years. Happy Birthday my little man. You, Jacob, and Emmaline are truly the joy of our lives!

1 comment:

Shawnstribe said...

now it's me who is teary eyed!!!!
Tricia i love love love your post!!!
You are a beautiful family, with gorgeous children.
Happy Birthday Jackson, $ is such a cool age!!!!
love
Aunty Shawn and Aila Mei